Bridge Day 2014 Jump Pass
Quantity in Basket:
NOTE: Only previously background checked jumpers may purchase a Bridge Day 2014 jump pass after October 1.
This Bridge Day jump pass permits experienced jumpers to make as many legal BASE jumps as possible from 9am-3pm EDT off the 876' tall New River Gorge Bridge in Fayetteville, West Virginia on October 18, 2014. Jumpers must have previously made at least 100 skydives and/or BASE jumps (if not, tandem BASE jumping is an option). On July 1, 2014 at approximately 2pm EDT, inventory of this product will be increased allowing jump passes to be purchased. If we don't sell all jump slots, walk-in onsite registrations may be permitted at the Holiday Lodge Oak hill to jumpers who received a background check in previous years. Remember, early jump pass purchases get early jump slots and lodging priority. Please read the following information prior to registering.
A maximum of 450 BASE jumpers will be permitted to register. Immediately after registering, you'll receive an auto-response email indicating that your order has been received along with details on how to reserve a hotel room at the Holiday Lodge Oak Hill. Approximately 7-10 days after your registration, you'll receive a second confirmation email indicating that your payment was accepted and informing you of your Bridge Day jumping time slot, which is dependent on how early you placed your online order. Jumpers can check the status of their orders by visiting our Order History page.
What You Get
- Bridge Day 2014 Jump Pass - Permits you to make as many jumps as you can between 9am-3pm (the average number of jumps per person is normally 2-2.5).
- Official Bridge Day 2014 T-shirt or similar garment.
- Free pizza, beer, and soda during post-Bridge Day party on Saturday night.
- Access to packing seminars on Friday, October 17, 2014 (10am, 1pm, 3pm at the Holiday Lodge Oak Hill lobby).
- Access to the BASE Gear Trade Show on Thursday and Friday, October 16-17, 2014.
- Access to the BASE Videofest on Thursday night, October 16, 2014.
- Goodie bag containing promotional items from BASE vendors (stickers, cups, flyers, Bridge Day magazine, etc.)
- Water rescue in the landing area. Four boats will be ready to pluck you out of the New River, if needed.
- Bus and van rides to the top of the bridge after you jump and to/from the Holiday Lodge Oak Hill.
- Packing tarps near the LZ and at the end of the bridge.
- Diving board jumps at the exit point (experienced jumpers only, helmet required).
- Lodging options - 100 hotel rooms and campsites are held for jumpers (first-come, first-served once you purchase a jump pass)
- The largest BASE jumper party in the world on Saturday night at the Holiday Lodge Oak Hill.
- Packing clamps and weights in both upper and lower packing areas. No need to bring your own.
- Water and/or other beverages in the lower packing area and at the exit point.
- Jump photos and enlargements available for viewing/purchase Saturday night.
- Must have made at least 100 parachute jumps (skydiving and/or BASE jumping) prior to October 18, 2014. If you have less than 100 jumps, but plan to meet this requirement before Bridge Day, feel free to purchase a jump pass now.
- Must have made at least one parachute jump (skydiving or BASE jumping) in the two years prior to Bridge Day 2014 (i.e. October 19, 2012 to October 18, 2014)
- First time BASE jumpers are required to attend one of the following instructional courses, unless they've been trained by a qualified mentor:
- Bridge Day BASE Jump Course - Three days (October 15-18, 2014) of advanced training by Apex BASE. In addition to the basic skills needed for a successful Bridge Day experience such as packing, exits, and canopy flight, this course covers malfunctions and object avoidance theory. In person training with an exit training device is included. A Bridge Day BJC manual, technical handouts covering topics like static-line tie-off knot, and a packing DVD are also included. Cost is $399 (training only - jump passes are purchased separately). Click the link above for further information.
- Bridge Day Introductory Course - Six to eight hours of training on October 17, 2014 that covers packing, Bridge Day logistics, malfunctions, launch practice on the exit training device, and a landing area tour. Apex BASE will be teaching this course and the cost is $75 (training only - jump passes are purchased separately).
- BASE jumping specific or approved skydiving gear only (harness/container and parachute). Please reference our Bridge Day Gear Guide before you purchase a jump slot if you have questions. BASE rental gear is also available.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must bring a 2x2 photo (head shot) to the onsite Bridge Day registration. This photo will be used to make your ID badge, as required by the Bridge Day Commission.
- Must also check-in and register onsite at the Holiday Lodge Oak Hill in Oak Hill, West Virginia on October 16-17, 2014 (please check the schedule for onsite registration times). If you fail to show up for normal onsite registration, we may impose a late fee and place you in the last group to jump to deter last minute arrivals.
- Must also bring a photo ID (drivers license, passport, etc.) to onsite registration and carry with you while jumping per our NPS permit.
- Jumpers who did not register for Bridge Day between 2002-2013 must also submit their SSN or passport number and birthdate for the State of West Virginia's mandated background check. This information will be requested securely during the checkout process. Your personal information is not provided to the NPS.
- New Bridge Day jumpers must attend the jumper meeting held at the Holiday Lodge Oak Hill on Friday, October 17, 2014 at 7pm.
- Jumpers will be required to use a minimum 38" diameter pilot chute (4-7 second delays) and a 9' bridle. 42" pilot chutes are recommended for 2-4 second delays.
- No drugs, alcohol, nudity, pornographic material/objects, or loud cussing at the exit point. Thousands of people, including small children, will be watching your every move at the exit point or on TV. Please be respectful of all spectators.
- No cutting in line or jumping our fence at the exit point or bus loading areas.
- No unpacked jumps (we only have six hours of jumping).
- For diving board jumps, helmets are mandatory.
Helmets and protective pads (knee, elbow) are highly recommended. In the last few years, full face helmets and body armor have become popular with experienced jumpers.
- Answer the questions above for Jumper #1 and click on the "Add to Cart" button.
If registering more than one jumper on a single order, you must repeat this step for each jumper.
- Check your Shopping Basket contents by clicking on the "Basket" button on the top menu. This will allow you to verify each jumper's unique information. Each jumper MUST be listed separately.
- Sensitive jumper information such as social security numbers, passport numbers, or birthdates can be entered (if required) on our secure server during the checkout process in order to protect your information.
- Click on the "Checkout" button on the top menu to begin the checkout process where you can securely enter your address and payment information.
- After you enter your credit card information and hit "Place Order" in Step 3, your order has been accepted and you'll see the "Invoice" screen. Print this page for your records.
- Congratulations! You have successfully registered for Bridge Day.
- You will receive a confirmation email immediately after your order is placed.
If you do not receive this email, verify that you provided us with your correct email address (a VERY common problem) via our Order History page.
- To check the status of your order, visit our Order History page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.